Thursday, August 14, 2008

FIRST NIGHT ALONE

Last night was the first night since we bought this house 
in 2002 that I've stayed here absolutely alone.  It is a scary house because someone could be walking around in the basement and I wouldn't hear it from the top floor.  I have to admit I was scared.


I wasn't helped by the fact that Lisa is convinced that a spirit has been moving things in her room.  Also I watched two episodes of Law and Order about women being raped before I went to bed.  So to protect myself I closed the bedroom door, put the ironing board up against it and a step ladder next to it, then I put stuff on top of them so if anyone came in I would hear the falling things.  Then I got out my Mace, my big whistle, and my cell phone and put them on the bedside table.  Feeling better, I went to sleep. 

4 comments:

Amy Brown said...

That is so funny Bonnie! I am exactly the same way. I get scared (mostly from my own imagination) when I am home alone. I love that you piled stuff on top of the ironing board and step ladder. I will have to remember that trick. Will also have to buy a can of mace and a big whistle.

Todd McLauchlin said...

I think you should get into mixed martial arts - or get two German Shepards and name them Bo and Luke. Then you could get an alarm system that turns on flood lights and plays the theme to the Dukes of Hazard if someone breaks in.

Lisa said...

You know, you can also buy taser key chains now. That would definitely be more effective than a whistle ;) I do love the idea of you with your whistle though!

Cooper Squared said...

What was the whistle going to do? Ha ha...
I have spent over a week alone in your house when you all were on vacation and I can attest...you do feel like someone is watching you the whole time!